Homemade Tomato Sauce
Serves: Makes 6 servings | Prep Time: | Cook Time:
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed basil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, saute onions in the oil until golden brown.
- Add crushed tomatoes, water, tomato paste, basil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Let the sauce come to a boil, reduce heat to low and stir occasionally until sauce reaches desired thickness (approximately 2 hours).
- Sauce is ready when oil rises to the top; skim off oil.
10 grams total fat, 1 grams saturated fat, 790 milligrams sodium, 5 grams fiber, 8 grams sugarPRINT THIS RECIPE