Spinach Sausage Egg Casserole
Serves: Makes 12 servings | Prep Time: | Cook Time:
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package thawed and drained frozen spinach
- 1 small can drained, sliced mushrooms
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Cook sausage and onion in skillet until the sausage is brown.
- Drain fat.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 cup of cheese, spinach and mushrooms.
- Place mixture in a greased 13-inch x 9 inch x 2 inch baking dish.
- In a bowl beat eggs.
- Add cream and salt and pepper, mix well.
- Pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° F for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
24 grams total fat, 11 grams saturated fat, 245 milligrams cholesterol, 450 milligrams sodium, 1 grams sugarPRINT THIS RECIPE