Black Bean Omelet
High protein with eggs and beans, this omelet can serve as a hot breakfast or easy dinner.
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 13 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil/cooking spray
- 1 ounce shredded low fat cheese
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup black beans, if canned, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced onions
- Combine the first 4 ingredients (whole eggs, egg whites, salt, and pepper) in a medium bowl. Stir with a fork until blended.
- Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray/cooking oil.
- Add egg mixture and cook for 3 minutes or until set, do not stir.
- Sprinkle with beans, cheese, and green onions. Fold omelet in half and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Slide onto a plate and cut in half. Try with some salsa!