Full-time; typical hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for conducting all front desk activities including a variety of administrative duties and coordination of Food Bank special projects.
Individual should hold an associate's degree or minimum one year experience in a previous administrative position; should have strong administrative skills; proficiency of word processing software; pleasant manner in person and on the telephone; proficiency with copier, postage meter and other office equipment; flexible with ability to work comfortably with diverse groups of people; excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize work; proven ability to work as part of a team; strong time management skills; strong knowledge of business English and spelling.
The Administrative Coordinator responsibilities will include:
- operate the main telephone console to include answering in-coming calls, direct calls as appropriate, take messages.
- welcome, assist and direct walk-in visitors and volunteers.
- provide administrative support for the Director of Human Resources.
- assist with administrative support of the Summer Food Service Program.
- responsible for oversight of mail processing procedures including: sorting, distributing, calculating, document retention for fundraising and finance, and record keeping.
- process and mail monthly financial statements, thank you letters and general paperwork for Food Bank programs.
- provide referrals to Food Pantries, Fresh Foods Sites and Soup Kitchens to individuals who call.
- assist the Agency Relations Representative in completing product orders from partner agencies by phone and fax as necessary.