Just Say Yes to Fruits & Vegetables Nutrition Educator
This is a part-time year round position, 6 - 24 hours per week.
- Registered dietitian or Dietetic Technician preferred
- BS in Nutrition, Public Health or Health Education; OR
- BS in another field with at least 3 credit hours in introductory nutrition and 6 credit hours in community health, public health, health education, food science; OR
- AS in nutrition with 2 years community outreach and education experience working with low income populations
- Must have 1 year community nutrition/public health experience; 2 years preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Travel required with possible overnight travel
- Just Say Yes to Fruits & Vegetables Nutrition Education.
- Prepare for and conduct 6 nutrition education sessions with at least 50 SNAP eligible individuals per month using lesson plan materials provided.
- Collect data and maintain accurate records using software.
- Assist in the implementation of a comprehensive nutrition education and obesity prevention program for low-income individuals accessing emergency food programs.
- Utilizing learner-centered teaching techniques to enhance effectiveness of nutrition education sessions.
Salary: $16.50 - $18.00 per hour