Become A Partner Agency
Food Bank of Central New York invites food or feeding programs that share our mission of feeding the hungry to apply to become a partner agency of the Food Bank.
MINIMUM ORGANIZATIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL APPLICANT PARTNER AGENCIES:
- Partner Agencies must be a 501(c)(3) designated organization (religious congregation status is acceptable in lieu of 501(c)(3) status) with a feeding program that serves the needy, ill, and infants or be operated by a 501 C (3) or Church.
- Applicants must provide proof of the claimed federal tax exemption status.
MINIMUM FISCAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL APPLICANT PARTNER AGENCIES:
- Applicant Agencies must be financially sustainable through fundraising, donations, or grant writing efforts.
- Applicant Agencies must be able to demonstrate adherence to basic record keeping standards.
- The Applicant Agency’s food program must not charge fees to clients, nor sell food sourced from Food Bank.
MINIMUM PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL APPLICANT PARTNER AGENCIES:
- The food program must not require individuals to participate in ecumenical or educational programming or political activity as a requirement for receiving food.
- The food program must be located in a publicly accessible location (not a private residence).
- The food program must have acceptable food distribution hours and practices.
- Food programs that serve prepared foods (meal sites) must have a current county health permit to operate.
PARTNER AGENCIES AGREE TO:
- Be a 501(c)(3) designated organization (religious congregation status is acceptable in lieu of 501(c)(3) status).
- Provide a fair and equitable food distribution to clients, free of discrimination, without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, religion, creed, age, marital status, national origin, disability, and sexual orientation.
- Provide an emergency food package without fee, cost, or obligation to those in need.
Applications and all supporting documentation need to be submitted to the Food Bank’s Agency Relations department for evaluation. Incomplete applications will be rejected. Once an application and supporting documentation have been completed, the Food Bank will:
- Contact your organization about meeting (virtually) with your leadership team to learn about your program.
- Evaluate your food program for potential aid packages and opportunities.
Food Bank’s leadership team will review the completed application on the following criteria:
- Strength of the application.
- The food program's ability to compliment the Food Bank’s network of existing partners.
- The food program’s services and community impact.
- The food program’s match with our mission, values, and goals.
Applications can take from three to twelve weeks from completion of application to become a full partner of Food Bank of Central New York.