Benefits of Becoming a Partner Agency
Food Bank of Central New York approaches our work with community distribution partners as a true partnership. There are many benefits working together on our shared goals of feeding the hungry and ending food insecurity throughout our 11 county service area.
BENEFITS OF A PARTNERSHIP WITH THE FOOD BANK INCLUDE:
- Access to New York State funding, where and when available.
- Access to the USDA’s TEFAP (commodities program).
- Access to technical support and knowledge base via our food system professionals.
- Access to low cost or no cost foods to supplement your food program.
- Access to networking, training, and learning opportunities.
- Access to information about community nutrition.
- Free delivery on qualifying orders.
AS A FOOD BANK PARTNER AGENCY, YOUR FOOD PROGRAM WILL BE EXPECTED TO:
- Provide a food safe and publicly accessible site for food storage, preparation or distribution.
- Provide volunteers (or staff) adequate to the size and scope of your food distribution program.
- Provide a fair and equitable food distribution that supplies recipients with a dependable food package at each visit.
- Develop funding (grants, donations, etc.) to cover the cost of purchasing food from Food Bank of Central New York.
- Provide timely reports about your program’s food related activities.
WHAT WE CAN DO TOGETHER:
- Advocate for those in need of food at the local, state and national level.
- Raise awareness of hunger here in our Central New York community.
- Create new and innovative ways to help our friends and neighbors access the food they need.