Partner Agency Training
Virtual Food Bank 101
This seminar details the Food Bank's policies, procedures, and resources. It is intended for coordinators, volunteers or anyone interested in learning more about network resources made available to our partner agencies.
RSVP to the next Food Bank 101 meeting scheduled for Thursday, October 12, 2023, at 10:00 am by clicking HERE.
Food Bank 102
Food Bank 102 takes a closer look at our partnership and roles. This 5-hour seminar is designed for food program coordinators, agency executive directors, and those with a leadership role administering their food program. Other topics will include:
- food sourcing policies
- grants management
- operational policies and procedures
- Food Bank’s Strategic Plan
Lunch is provided at this seminar; however, participation is limited at each seminar. Pre-registration is required and we ask that each partner register only one person for any given seminar.
Food Safety Training
Food safety training must be completed annually. There are currently opportunities to access basic food safety training for food pantries and meal sites online, which can be completed by following the steps below.
2. At the end of the presentation, take the food safety quiz. You must score 80% or higher to receive a certificate of completion from the Food Bank. Each worker that would like to receive a certificate will need to complete their own quiz.
3. Have all employees and/or volunteers sign the Food Safety Training Log upon completion of the training. Please keep the Food Safety Training Log available for review during Food Bank site monitor visits.
USDA Civil Rights Training
Partner agencies are required to have staff and volunteers take the USDA Civil Rights Training annually, which can be completed by following the steps below:
- Partners can now view and complete USDA Civil Rights Training online! Click HERE to access the training.
- Upon completion of the training, have staff and volunteers sign the USDA Civil Rights Training Log. Keep training log available for review during Food Bank site monitor visits.
For additional information regarding USDA Civil Rights, review the resources below.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or (315) 437-1899 ext. 256.